The problem with the promise of blistering fast LTE/4G networks, is that connections are only as strong as their weakest link. That means that in areas that are remote or have spotty connections, when connections transfer from one link to another, there is a possibility of connections dropping. To minimize these risks, smart enterprises are considering alternatives to traditional 4G/LTE wireless services. This shift is fueled in part by the release of LTE-Advanced (or LTE-A) technology. In August 2016 Verizon launched LTE-A and similar AT&T and T-Mobile services soon followed (Source: Telecompaper).
Secure connectivity from anywhere
LTE-A is quickly gaining traction as the preferred network standard because of its carrier aggregation capabilities. LTE-A relies on carrier aggregation to essentially ‘bond’ cellular connections to deliver faster− and more reliable− connections. True to the name, bonded LTE coverage means multiple frequencies are bonded together to ensure the fastest connection possible and the maximum network availability.
As a result, with bonded LTE, service interruptions are all but eliminated and organizations can become more scalable because they can provide highly reliable internet service across the business more quickly. Bonded LTE connections provide more bandwidth and higher availability across the entire enterprise, from branch offices to mobile deployments, and to transportation networks.
All 4G solution providers are not equal. Broad Sky Networks offers an integrated single source for multiple carriers offering Bonded LTE first in the market. Broad Sky engineers each site for optimal performance and reliability.
If your business is evaluating alternatives to traditional LTE/4G coverage, consider these adoption strategies:
- Do your research- Keep in mind that always-on LTE-A network connectivity is relatively new. In fact, any router/modem manufactured before Q4 2016 does not have bonded LTE capabilities. As of today, Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile have bonded LTE (concentration of bonded LTE availability is in major metro areas). Other stats:
- LTE-A can raise data packet transmission speed by more than 50%
- Download: 30-75mb
- Upload: 10-12mb
- Latency: 80-100 mb/second
- Even faster without static IP
- Have a long-term plan- If your business is moving to a cloud-based computing model and has a distributed network environment, consider technology that is future proof. The right technology decisions now can help to reduce costs and enhance the intelligence and scalability of your network in the future. Keep in mind also, bonded-LTE connections require LP6 chipset routers. These advanced routers can detect Bonded LTE signals as it becomes available.
- Consider the right partner- Don’t underestimate the power of a trusted, partner. A service provider that understands your business workflow and long-term goals for connectivity and business continuity will give your business the greatest competitive advantage. Not only that, the right service provider will keep you informed of current technology from wireless providers, which will help cut IT spend overtime.
Taking these steps today can help you better evaluate LTE-A services and understand the potential benefits of carrier aggregation from bonded LTE routers. Broad Sky Networks offers 4G/LTE- A coverage from all major carriers and can tower qualify any specific address for bonded LTE coverage. If you’d like to learn more about Broad Sky Networks and talk about how to optimize your wireless connectivity, email us or give us a call at (877) 291-9575, we’re here to help.